Speech and language therapy
The Wings learning Centre(TWLC) speech and language therapy team provides evaluation and therapy services for communication, cognitive and swallowing impairments in patients of all ages. TWLC experienced, certified and licensed speech and language pathologists are committed to your speech impairment prevention, rehabilitation and education.
TWLC speech and language therapy team provides comprehensive speech and language therapy for patients with a range of routine and complex conditions, including:
• Dysphagia (swallowing/feeding) disorders
• Head and neck cancer
• Motor speech disorders (dysarthria, apraxia of speech)
• Neurological disorders resulting in need for cognitive retraining, aphasia therapy, or swallowing intervention
• Organic and functional voice disorders
• Tracheotomy/ventilator swallowing and speaking valves
TWLC licensed, certified speech and language therapists are highly experienced in helping pediatric and adult patients regain communication and cognitive and swallowing skills using advanced treatment techniques. We emphasize an individualized approach with tailored treatments, which may include:
• Cognitive-linguistic therapy
• Dysphagia (swallowing) therapy
• Establishing augmentative or alternative communication systems
• Feeding groups for swallowing therapy
• Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
• Passy-Muir valve
• Speech and language production
• Videofluoroscopic swallow study
• Voice prosthetics
A doctor's referral is required to begin therapy services.
Sign up for our mailing list to get latest updates and offers.